Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning Service in Chicago
There’s a wide variety of dryer vent types - and all of them need to be cleaned periodically! When dryers are used, lint, dirt, grime, and particulates build up within the vent - and the longer the dryer vent is, and the more it’s used, the more particulates will accumulate. We use high power vacuums, as well as EPA safe chemical compounds to ensure that your dryer vent will be fully cleaned of all dust and contaminants.
This will increase your energy efficiency, while also reducing the risk of health issues associated with microorganisms and allergens that can accumulate within your dryer vent.
Contact Air Flows Chicago today to organize rapid, convenient, and affordable home or business dryer vent cleaning. Our team also provides dryer vent cleaning service to a wide variety of other properties in the Chicagoland area, from institutions and hotels to apartment complexes and hospitals.
Air Flows Chicago on ABC Eyewitness News on Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning in Chicago
Dryer Vent Maintenance
Here at Air Flows Chicago, we regularly provide full-service cleaning for dryer vents - devices which, especially with regular use, can accumulate dust and particulates which interfere with successful operation. There’s a range of tactics which can be implemented - from installation to maintenance - which ensures the successful longevity and cleanliness of dryer vents.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Call us for dryer vent cleaning chicago service in Chicago. Air Flows Chicago provides professional dryer vent cleaning chicago in Chicago and surrounding areas. A professional air duct cleaning company. Enjoy breathing clean and fresh air all year round by getting your heating or cooling system's ducts and vents professionally cleaned.
- REQUEST FREE QUOTE
Dryer Vent Installation Tips
- Always have clothes dryers professionally installed
- Ensure that your dryer is plugged in correctly, using the proper electrical plug and outlet
- Always read manufacturer instructions and dryer care manuals before operation
Dryer Cleaning Tips
- Always clean the lint filter before and after doing your laundry, as well as all lint in the rear of the dryer
- Clean your lint filters with a nylon brush at least twice a year - more if it often gets clogged
- Clean lint out of vent pipes every 3 months
- If your clothes are taking too long to dry, have your clothes dryer professionally cleaned
Dryer Maintenance Tips
- Ensure that the venting system in the rear of the dryer isn’t damaged or obstructed
- Always cover outdoor wall dampers to protect them from inclement weather
- Make sure all outdoor vent coverings are open when the dryer is running
- Replace any plastic venting or coiled wire foil with rigid, non-ribbed metal ducts
- Make sure all gas powered dryers are annually professionally inspected for leaks
- Make sure animals and insects have not built nests in your outdoor vents
- Keep flammable objects away from your dryer
- Unplug or disconnect your dryer if you'll be away from home for a while
- Never use your dryer if it has a broken, clogged up, or damaged lint filter
- Don’t use dryers without lint filters
- Never overload clothing into your dryer
- Never use cloths or wire screens to cover up wall dampers as they clog rapidly
- Never place objects with plastic, foam, or rubber in your dryer - including bathroom rugs
- Never dry anything labeled “dry without heat” in your dryer
- Never dry any materials with fiberglass unless explicitly allowed by manufacturer instructions
- Never dry objects that have been soaked in flammable liquids like cooking oil, alcohol or gasoline (dry them outdoors.)
- Don’t leave dryers running when you go to bed!
- Step 1: Find your vent. Before you can clean your dryer vent, you'll need to figure out where it actually is. ...
- Step 2: Carefully disconnect your dryer. ...
- Step 3: Vacuum the lint. ...
- Step 4: Get in there with a brush. ...
- Step 5: Clean up and reconnect. ...
- Step 6: Celebrate.
- Excess Dry Times. One of the first signs that your dryer vent is clogged is when your clothes are no longer fully drying during a regular dry cycle. ...
- Burning Smell. Have you noticed a burnt odor coming from your dryer whenever you have a load going? ...
- Hot Exterior. ...
- Sizable Lint.
Dryer Safety Tips
How often should a dryer vent be cleaned?Once per year recommended by Chicago Professional Dryer Vent Cleaner Air Flows Chicago. A good rule of thumb is to have your dryer exhaust vents inspected and cleaned by a professional at least once per year. However, if you have a household that uses your dryer often, such as one with a lot of children, you may want to consider increasing that amount to every six months
Is dryer vent cleaning worth it?
Dryer fires are one of the leading causes of home fires in the United States. Too much lint can impede air flow in the vent, causing the appliance to overheat. ... Not cleaning your vents will not only increase the risk of a fire, but can also cost you a significant amount of money.
How often should you replace the dryer vent hose?
There is really no right answer but, generally speaking you should never go more than one year without cleaning your dryer duct. If you have a large family and a long dryer vent twice a year may be necessary. It's very important that when your vent is cleaned that the technician gets to the vents exit.